From: Edward on
On May 4, 4:50 pm, Salad <sa...(a)oilandvinegar.com> wrote:
> Edward wrote:

> >>Don't get your question...
>
> >>It seems you have 6 text boxes arranged in a columnar fashion for each
> >>day of the week - what do they represent? One appointment per text
> >>box? Or time slots?
>
> >>If I get it correctly; do you mean that both entries in your
> >>example...
>
> >>Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
> >>Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30
>
> >>...belong to the same text box?
>
> >>Or are they on separate text boxes?- Hide quoted text -

> > There is a matrix of 7 columns and 6 rows of textboxes, each
> > representing a potential day in a monthly overview.  If the month has
> > thirty days and starts on a Monday, then the first 30 textboxes will
> > be used.  If the month starts on a Friday, the first 4 texboxes will
> > be "greyed out" and the subsequent 30 will be used.  Each box contains
> > all the appoinment information for that day - NOT individual time
> > slots.
>
> > I've taken a look at Peter's flexgrid control and I think this might
> > fly!  I'll show the client and see what they think.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Edward
>
> Why not use conditional formatting?  Look at on-line help for the topic..
>   Here's one from MS on the web.http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102081331033.aspx- Hide quoted text -

With respect, I know this - I need to do this for parts of text within
the same text box. I use conditional formatting all over the place,
but it's at the control level, not the content level.

Edward
From: Edward on
On May 4, 1:59 pm, Peter Hibbs <peter.hi...(a)btinternet.com.NO_SPAM>
wrote:
> Edward,
>
> You could do this by using a Flex Grid control instead of your Text
> boxes but you would need to write some VBA code. Have a look at the
> Flex Grid Demo program at :-
>
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=....
>
> for some examples. Also the Appointments - Bookings demo on the same
> site has some examples of a calendar type display.
>
> HTH.
>
> Peter Hibbs.

Peter, my client likes your demo, and I like your demo. But I have
concerns about how I can deploy this control. Do you have any
information about the legality of including it in a commercial
application?

Thanks

Edward
From: Peter Hibbs on
Edward,

As I understand it (I found this on the MS site a few years ago but I
can't find it now, unfortunately), if you, as the developer, have the
license to add the control to a project then you can legally
distribute the control to your clients as part of the application.
After all, there would not be much point in providing this facility in
a project if your clients could not use it.

Of course, the control has to be registered on the client's PC when it
is installed but that is standard for any ActiveX control. You could
try and trawl through the MS Web site for further clarification but
this site is so vast it is almost impossible to find what you want
these days.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that, maybe someone else has more
specific knowledge of a reference on a Web page somewhere.

Peter Hibbs.

From: Peter Hibbs on
Edward,

Perhaps this will help.

From: Salad on
Edward wrote:
> On May 4, 4:50 pm, Salad <sa...(a)oilandvinegar.com> wrote:
>
>>Edward wrote:

>>>There is a matrix of 7 columns and 6 rows of textboxes, each
>>>representing a potential day in a monthly overview. If the month has
>>>thirty days and starts on a Monday, then the first 30 textboxes will
>>>be used. If the month starts on a Friday, the first 4 texboxes will
>>>be "greyed out" and the subsequent 30 will be used. Each box contains
>>>all the appoinment information for that day - NOT individual time
>>>slots.
>>
>>>I've taken a look at Peter's flexgrid control and I think this might
>>>fly! I'll show the client and see what they think.
>>
>>>Thanks
>>
>>>Edward
>>
>>Why not use conditional formatting? Look at on-line help for the topic.
>> Here's one from MS on the web.http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102081331033.aspx- Hide quoted text -

> With respect, I know this - I need to do this for parts of text within
> the same text box. I use conditional formatting all over the place,
> but it's at the control level, not the content level.
>
> Edward

I understand now. I guess one does what's requested by the boss.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Access 2010 forms
Next: ODBC failure