From: Gerhard Hellriegel on
still it would be nice to see the code!

Gerhard

From: Joe Matise on
Sometimes very tempted to agree :)

Assuming this is your question and not a reply to something, verify that you
are:
1) using the latest version of the tagsets (check on the SAS website)
2) not reopening the file in between - I think you have to do:

ods tagsets.excelxp file="file" sheet_name="sheet";
(stuff)
ods tagsets.excelxp sheet_name="othersheet";
(stuff)
ods tagsets.excelxp close;

instead of specifying the file each time - when I do that, anyhow, it
recreates the file from scratch.

-Joe

From: Joe Matise on
Ahah, it was indeed a reply to something, well, consider this replied to the
original post :)
-Joe

From: Jack Hamilton on
Excel is good solution for displaying data and making simple graphs.
It's not good for data entry, as a substitute for a database, as a
statistical engine, or for dealing with historical dates. It can be
good as the framework for non-statistical programs, but most Excel
users are analysts, not programmers, and may not have received the
training needed to create defensible programs.

--
Jack Hamilton
jfh(a)alumni.stanford.org

From: Mary on
Make sure you are using Excel Tagsets- perhaps you are trying ODS HTML?

ods listing close;
ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\out.xml'
style=style1
options(default_column_width='20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10'
sheet_label=' ' autofit_height="yes"
ORIENTATION = 'landscape'
center_horizontal = 'yes'
center_vertical = 'yes'
PRINT_FOOTER = "run 10/2/2009");
ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_name="Sheet1" default_column_width='20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10');

proc report...

ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_name="Sheet2" default_column_width='20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10');

proc report...

ods tagsets.excelxp close;
ods listing;

-Mary