From: Doug Walker on
Hi
I have a valid COA label attached to my PC and have formatted my hard drive.
During the install process when windows asks for the product key it displays
that my product key is invalid.

After investgation I see that there are more than one version of OEM xp pro
disc available I suspect that I may be using the wrong version oem disc.

The label reads

Windows XP Professional 1 - 2 CPU OEM Product
Part No E85-01702

I have tried an install from an OEM XP Pro SP1 Hologramed disc Part No
X08-33951 and a Dell reinstallation CD P/N 6W896 and all report the same
invalid key error.

Any help appreciated.

From: relic on
Doug Walker wrote:
> Hi
> I have a valid COA label attached to my PC and have formatted my hard
> drive. During the install process when windows asks for the product
> key it displays that my product key is invalid.
>
> After investgation I see that there are more than one version of OEM
> xp pro disc available I suspect that I may be using the wrong version
> oem disc.
>
> The label reads
>
> Windows XP Professional 1 - 2 CPU OEM Product
> Part No E85-01702
>
> I have tried an install from an OEM XP Pro SP1 Hologramed disc Part No
> X08-33951 and a Dell reinstallation CD P/N 6W896 and all report the
> same invalid key error.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Do it over the phone ...call Microsoft.

--
If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

From: Gene Abner on
Try wiping the hard drive then install.

From: chuckie on
He's already wiped the drive idiot !!!!!!!!

From: chuckie on
Windows XP Professional Dell
OEM Build 2600 s/n:
XJM6Q-BQ8HW-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT