From: Colin Stones on
I have a problem with my Dell PC.

It refuses to boot up in XP and I get as Stop message

0x0000007B (0xF897B524, 0x0000034,0x00000000,0x,00000000)

The error message says to virus check and chkdsk the hard disk. I canýt do
this as I cannot boot it. I am able to run the Dell utilities which simply
check the hardware and cannot find anything wrong.

I have tried resetting the system settings, and Bios to the default. I have
cleared the NVRAM, all to no avail.

I canýt get it to boot from anything. I am able to choose to boot from the
onboard CD but it will not boot up (Iýve tried the Win CD and the Dell
utilities but neither boots.) I donýt have a floppy but have installed one
from another computer but it again wasnýt recognised.

Iýve about run out of ideas.

Any suggestions to help fix it?

Colin

--
Regards
Colin

From: Thorsten Matzner on
"Colin Stones" <colinstones(a)removetoreplyhotmail.com> wrote:

>It refuses to boot up in XP and I get as Stop message
>0x0000007B (0xF897B524, 0x0000034,0x00000000,0x,00000000)
>The error message says to virus check and chkdsk the hard disk. I canýt do
>this as I cannot boot it. I am able to run the Dell utilities which simply
>check the hardware and cannot find anything wrong.

Start here: "How to troubleshoot "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324103).

--
(tm)