From: Robert T on
This is on Vista. I am syncing to window mobile 6.1. Birthdays (almost all)
are showing as occuring every 12 years on the Vista machine -- not on the
handheld!
--
Robert Tankersley CDP
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Outlook 2007 now supports both monthly (every xx months) and yearly (every
xx years) recurrences and it sounds like the sync software is mapping every
12 months on the device to every 12 yrs in Outlook.

Which device created the birthdays? Try making them on the other device and
see if it works ok.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

From: Robert T on
The originals were on the Vista machine. They were correct [as far as I can
know]. I installed a new hardware update to the handheld yesterday. This
required me to sync.

After the sync they were every 12 years. I changed a few on Vista and did a
sync. That fixed it on the hand held but changed them to every 12 years on
the Vista [OL 2007).

This is truly frustrating.
--
Robert Tankersley CDP

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Did you check the mobile device group? It sounds like a bug in the update.

This link will get you pointed in the right direction but the winmobile
group might be a better option.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
As an FYI, this is apparently a bug in the mobile update and Microsoft is
aware of it. I believe a later update fixed it for some people but not
others. The guys in the pocket pc forum should be able to give you more
information on the problem and let you know if any fixes are available.