From: goatfarmer98 on
OL 2003 and Win7 with error 550 5.7.1. My SMTP Auth is checked. Checked
with my ISP and my setting are correct. I am able to send and receive emails
regularly accept for those with long enclosed hyperlinks such as
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/ACTIONViewFrameMac.asp?TYPE=Instrument&INST=SB80&DOCPATH=searchableinstruments/2010RS/Printfiles/&PHYDOCPATH=//alisondb/acas/searchableinstruments/2010RS/PrintFiles/&DOCNAMES=SB80-int.pdf,,
In between two failed attempts with the above link I successfully sent
myself an email with a shorter link.
Does the length of a hyperlink trigger a 550..... ?
What is the fix?
Thank you
From: VanguardLH on
goatfarmer98 wrote:

> OL 2003 and Win7 with error 550 5.7.1. My SMTP Auth is checked. Checked
> with my ISP and my setting are correct. I am able to send and receive emails
> regularly accept for those with long enclosed hyperlinks such as
> http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/ACTIONViewFrameMac.asp?TYPE=Instrument&INST=SB80&DOCPATH=searchableinstruments/2010RS/Printfiles/&PHYDOCPATH=//alisondb/acas/searchableinstruments/2010RS/PrintFiles/&DOCNAMES=SB80-int.pdf,,
> In between two failed attempts with the above link I successfully sent
> myself an email with a shorter link.
> Does the length of a hyperlink trigger a 550..... ?
> What is the fix?
> Thank you

The 550 error code is a response from the mail server, not from Outlook.
Since you didn't include the rest of the error message, no one here knows
what it actually said.