From: ccarson on
I am trying to get a Mobile 5.0 device to work with Exchange 2003. I
have read the installs and KB's. This is where I am at.

Server
Windows 2003 Server Standard
Exchange 2003 Standard SP2
OWA
OMA
ActiveSync

Mobile Device
Verizon
XV6700 PocketPC
Mobile 5.0

OWA is working fine and has been for some time. I installed OMA and
ActiveSync. OMA is working fine now from a laptop and from the mobile
device. All are using SSL. The thing that does not work is ActiveSync
via Verizons broadband network.

When I try to sync it says that I am not conencting to an Exchange
Server. Guarantee that I have the right hostname. I have also tried to
WiFi and ActiveSync without luck. I know SSL is working because I can
browse to OWA and OMA from the phone without issues.

I was trying to get this to work with Exchange SP1 and seems like I was
much farther along. But after reading the improvements with SP2 and
mobile devices I decided to install SP2. I was thinking about backing
out of SP2.

Any help would be appreciated.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
ccarson(a)ethicalnetworks.com wrote:

>I am trying to get a Mobile 5.0 device to work with Exchange 2003. I
>have read the installs and KB's. This is where I am at.
>
>Server
>Windows 2003 Server Standard
>Exchange 2003 Standard SP2
>OWA
>OMA
>ActiveSync
>
>Mobile Device
>Verizon
>XV6700 PocketPC
>Mobile 5.0
>
>OWA is working fine and has been for some time. I installed OMA and
>ActiveSync. OMA is working fine now from a laptop and from the mobile
>device. All are using SSL. The thing that does not work is ActiveSync
>via Verizons broadband network.
>
>When I try to sync it says that I am not conencting to an Exchange
>Server. Guarantee that I have the right hostname. I have also tried to
>WiFi and ActiveSync without luck. I know SSL is working because I can
>browse to OWA and OMA from the phone without issues.

What happens when you try to sync with USB and ActiveSync 4.1 on your
desktop machine? Does ActiveSync show the device as "Connected"? Can
you see the filesystem on the device from the desktop machine? Can you
change the password from the desktop ActiveSync?

>I was trying to get this to work with Exchange SP1 and seems like I was
>much farther along. But after reading the improvements with SP2 and
>mobile devices I decided to install SP2. I was thinking about backing
>out of SP2.

I works with SP2. The problem's not Exchange.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: cc21hk on
I hit sync and the phone shows that it is dialing to the Internet.
Within a few seconds it get Attention Required error.

The Error
Result:
The server you are sunchronising with is not an Exchange Server, or is
running incompatible software. Choose Configure Server on the
ActiveSync menu to specify the correct server.

Support Code: 0x85030022

I am positive I have the right server. I am positive it is not a
firewall issue because I can get to OMA via the firewall, I watch on
the firewall the connection to activesync be made. So I know that it is
attempting to get to the server via 443. The firewall is forwarding it
to the server.

I have to say it seems like something really stupid.

From: cc21hk on
When I connect via activesync everything works fine. It connects I can
browse the filesystem. I can add programs. I can sync outlook if I
decide to do it this way. I am not sure how to change the password from
desktop ActiveSync. I am running ActiveSync 4.1

Is there any special configurations for the Virtual Directory of
Exchange-Server-ActiveSync?

From: cc21hk on
I found this post. Could this be my issue?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition/browse_thread/thread/3c2bb491d4162fc6/cd541936f94e8eac?lnk=st&q=oma+5.0&rnum=2#cd541936f94e8eac