From: jasonconstance on
I'm the Network Admin of a two-domain network. We have been running
email successfully for years on two exchange servers, one for each
domain. Our Faculty/Staff exchange server is Exchange 2003, and the
Students Mail server is Exchange 2000.

In the past couple of days, Ive had several people from the 2003 server
side trying to mail users in the 2000 server side, and the mails are
being delayed.

They're given the message "Delivery to the following recipients has
been delayed..."

When I check the queue on the 2003 server, the queue for that domain is
backing up. Its also backing up with mails sent to the "hotmail.com"
domain.

If I do a restart of the 2003 server, it clears the queue, but after a
few hours, its back at it again. Anyone have any ideas as to what
could be causing this problem, or better yet, how to fix it?

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
I would suggest setting up some monitoring and advanced logging to maybe
give you a direction on why this is happening. Also check your Exchange
Event Viewer for any related errors.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange_Server_2003_Message_Flow.html

--
John Oliver, Jr