From: some dude on
How do you tell?
From: some dude on
After spending an hour or so reading about the very complicated
IDropTarget class, a very simple (and slightly imperfect) solution
occurred to me.

When a window initiates a file drag, it saves the data being dragged.
On receiving a file drop, if the data is identical to what was dragged,
it's presumed to be from the same window. Of course, this will fail if
identical data is dragged from another window, but I can live with that
for now.
From: some dude on
Actually, what I'm trying to accomplish is to avoid duplicating data
dropped from it's own window (which is a CListCtrl). If it's a match, I
delete the existing items, then insert the pasted file list to the new
location. If it's a not a match, it just pastes, as per usual, with no
deletions.