From: JohnB on
When attempting to turn on Out of Office assistant we get this message:

Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is
currently unavailable. Try again later.

This is a fairly small company and the Exchange email is provided by an
outside company. It's RPC over HTTPS. They also provide spam filtering.
They were using Postini but about 3 weeks ago changed to a different
company. Before the change our MX record pointed to their email servers.
Now it points to a server with this new spam filtering service. I believe
it's Reflexion.

Anyway, after that change users with Outlook 2007 started getting this
message when attempting to use OOF. There are no other problems with email.

Everything I read on this mentions the need for a CNAME record in DNS for
autodiscover. I did that. But still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Outlook 2007 gets out-of-office settings from Exchange Web Services, so the
answer is probably that there's something wrong with its virtual directory
or how it's configured. If I understand you correctly this is something you
should bring up with your e-mail provider then.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..