First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Browser Detection Article
I have created a copy of Richard Cornford's Browser Detection article to the new notes section. The article explains the problem of serving content to an unknown browser and how to easily avoid problems with bad strategies. <http://jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/not_browser_detect.html> The article is in need... 1 May 2010 01:09
The Eiffel Compiler tecomp version 0.22 released
documentation http://tecomp.sourceforge.net download http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tecomp == New features == - inherited contracts implemented (effective classes can inherit the pre- and postconditions from its abstract/deferred parent). - assertion monitoring can be set for specific classes indiv... 26 Apr 2010 21:43
behaviour vs. data first
hi, "The Structure and Interpretation of the Computer Science Curriculum" http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/jfp2004-fffk.pdf the way i read it claims that OO starts with data, but i was under the impression that at least some self-labeled OO approaches start with behaviour, roles, interfaces, and such. furthe... 29 Apr 2010 06:45
Informatics 2010: 1st call extension - 30 April 2010
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (1st call extension): 30 April 2010 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INFORMATICS 2010 Freiburg, Germany, 26 – 28 July 2010 (http://www.informatics-conf.org/) part of the IADIS Mult... 8 Apr 2010 12:33
Real Time Data Feed Design Questions
I need some help determining if I have the right design pattern, or if there's a better one I should consider... I'm designing a stock charting program in C++ and wanted to get some advice / direction from others that have more experience than I do. I'm 1st tackling the problem of the incoming real-time datafee... 7 Apr 2010 15:45
Real Time Data Feed Design Questions
I need some help determining if I have the right design pattern, or if there's a better one I should consider... I'm designing a stock charting program in C++ and wanted to get some advice / direction from others that have more experience than I do. I'm 1st tackling the problem of the incoming real-time datafee... 8 Apr 2010 09:27
Singularity Alert for OO AI in Ruby & Javascript
The Amazon sales rank for the renegade AI4U textbook of artificial intelligence recently showed a slight uptick indicating that some genius AI devotee has prudently purchased the "leading" (idea-wise, not sales-wise :-) AI textbook in order to study open-source AI For You. Each such instance of incremental AI f... 6 Apr 2010 19:50
Call for papers (Deadline Extended): SETP-10, USA, July 2010
It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with your colleagues, students and individuals whose research is in software engineering, software testing, software quality assurance, software design and related areas. Call for papers (Deadline Extended): SETP-10, USA, July 2010 The 2010 In... 26 Mar 2010 17:54
CFP CGVCVIP 2010: new date - until 29 March 2010
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (new date): 29 March 2010 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER GRAPHICS, VISUALIZATION, COMPUTER VISION AND IMAGE PROCESSING 2010 Freiburg, Germany, 27 – 29 July 2010 (ht... 24 Mar 2010 14:39
Self-containment in OO
Hello, In the article in Lahman's blog here: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman/what_is_oo_development_all_about/ the explanation about self-containment in OO tells this: *** As a practical matter that means that any object responsibility can be exhaustively unit tested without implementing any other... 21 May 2010 12:47
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10