From: "Bruce Martin" on
Thanks for the info. I did not realize there was a French section. I speak
English, French and some Spanish, and one of my clients is primarily French.

Can someone give me the URL for that one?

Best Regards
Meilleurs voeux,
Bruce Martin
(Canada)

===========================

From: Guy Voets on
2010/4/13 Bruce Martin <brucemartin10(a)gmail.com>:
> Thanks for the info. I did not realize there was a French section. I speak
> English, French and some Spanish, and one of my clients is primarily French.
>
> Can someone give me the URL for that one?
>
> Best Regards
> Meilleurs voeux,
> Bruce Martin
> (Canada)

Hello Bruce,

You'll find anything French about OpenOffice.org at http://fr.openoffice.org

--
Guy

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Cor Nouws on
Hi ,

Guy Voets wrote (13-04-10 12:25)

> There's a discussion going on on the French discuss site about the
> relation between the OOo Community and the 'new owner', Oracle. The
> discussion arose about the preparation of OOo 3.2.1, the first release
> 'under Oracle'.
> I thought it might be useful to open this up to the English speakers.
>

> [...]
> "In this periode of transition of the sale of Sun to Oracle, all this
> is sending a very bad signal to the Community and the users and may be
> send many people running away. (...) The objective is of course to
> excert pressure in orderto obtain a version 3.2.1 whose quality
> satisfies all partners."
> [...]

Why is this especially a bad signal "in this period of transition". I
would think that it is more reality to expect problems in such a
situation of transition.
But OK, apart from that, there is something more important, IMO.

I want to point to an effort, that the community council has already
agreed upon recently: investigate situations of negative and positive
co-operation and actions, with as single goal to systematically improve
relations and co-operation in the whole community.

IMO it can be very useful if community members that have either positive
or negative examples that they expect to be constructive and helpful in
this effort, contact the council.
There are some obvious recent examples, but maybe more...
Of course having such a contact implies that the council must clearly
communicate about how to use input and what community members can expect
to hear. But hey, basically that is what this effort is about.
Since the list discuss@ council is read-only for non-council members, I
think it is the most practical if people just contact council members
via the data that is shown on the council page
(http://council.openoffice.org/#council). And if you don't know who to
choose, pick out me, since I am chosen as general community contributor
representative.

I hope you won't spare the council for any critique, remarks (may also
be positive).
But I also hope that we all try to really learn from what happened and
support each other in that process. If all that fails, it may be early
enough to run away :-\

Best regards,
Cor

- Community Contributor Representative in the Community Council

--
>> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
- ideas/remarks for the community council?
- http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Bruce Martin" on
In a previous email here, I got the understanding that there is a visibility problem with some of the icons in Oo 2.3.1. If these are true icons, they can be edited in Gimp or even recreated with Oo draw, then exported to Gimp to make the final new Icons.

Can anyone send me some samples of the offensive Icons, and I will see what I can do with them. Please send your return email address, or that of the person to whom the results should be sent.

If there is text involved in Languages other than English, French and Spanish, Please send a table of the other languages and the appropriate texts for those languages. If there are languages that need RTL or Multi‑byte, I hope there is someone who can edit, as I am not set up for these categories.

Cheers,

Bruce M.

(Canada)

From: RA Brown on
Bruce Martin wrote:
> In a previous email here, I got the understanding that there is a visibility problem with some of the icons in Oo 2.3.1. If these are true icons, they can be edited in Gimp or even recreated with Oo draw, then exported to Gimp to make the final new Icons.
>

> Can anyone send me some samples of the offensive Icons, and I will see what I can do with them. Please send your return email address, or that of the person to whom the results should be sent.
>

> If there is text involved in Languages other than English, French and Spanish, Please send a table of the other languages and the appropriate texts for those languages. If there are languages that need RTL or Multi‑byte, I hope there is someone who can edit, as I am not set up for these categories.

Bruce,

As a "member" of the OO.o community thanks for the offer, though the Art
list would be a better place to get involved. The problem seems to be
that the Icons have been decided on and that is what we are going to
have to live with. :(

Andy

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org