From: DEV on
We are upgrading our app, so we are doing some load testing. We are
sometimes getting "ORA-03135: connection. lost contact" error.
Metalink Doc ID: 787354.1 has note on how to troubleshoot this error.
According to this, #1 is not applicable to us as we are not using RAC
in this environment. #3 is not applicable as there is no firewall
between app serve and db. #2 "Idle Connection Timeout" should not be
a issue as I have sqlplus session open on app server and that is not
being disconnected.
I am running out of ideas to troubleshoot this error. Any ideas to
resolve this issue?
Oracle 10.2.0.3 EE on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4
Thanks.
From: DEV on
On Oct 5, 4:31 pm, DEV <sdp...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> We are upgrading our app, so we are doing some load testing.  We are
> sometimes getting "ORA-03135: connection.  lost contact" error.
> Metalink Doc ID: 787354.1 has note on how to troubleshoot this error.
> According to this, #1 is not applicable to us as we are not using RAC
> in this environment.  #3 is not applicable as there is no firewall
> between app serve and db.  #2 "Idle Connection Timeout" should not be
> a issue as I have sqlplus session open on app server and that is not
> being disconnected.
> I am running out of ideas to troubleshoot this error.  Any ideas to
> resolve this issue?
> Oracle 10.2.0.3 EE on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4
> Thanks.

BTW our java app using OCI connection.