From: hikaru on
Hi All,
Does anyone know OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME means in V$OSSTAT. My clients
system's OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME shows very very large number like
"73,803,038,900" while CPU usage % does not so high... Is it
meaningless information?

Oracle Reference Manual shows OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME as following.
- Total number of hundredths of a second that processes have been in a
ready state, waiting to be selected by the operating system scheduler
to run

includes idle time?

Thanks in advance

From: Michel Cadot on

"hikaru" <hikaru_naruto2000(a)yahoo.co.jp> a �crit dans le message de news: 1186297252.886094.217400(a)i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
| Hi All,
| Does anyone know OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME means in V$OSSTAT. My clients
| system's OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME shows very very large number like
| "73,803,038,900" while CPU usage % does not so high... Is it
| meaningless information?
|
| Oracle Reference Manual shows OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME as following.
| - Total number of hundredths of a second that processes have been in a
| ready state, waiting to be selected by the operating system scheduler
| to run
|
| includes idle time?
|
| Thanks in advance

Are you idle when you wait?

Regards
Michel Cadot

From: hikaru on
> Are you idle when you wait?
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot

no, but it seems like so I thought. coz OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME shows large
number during no applications are running.
Please help.