From: Jordan Hotzel on
I have a situation where we are trying to use Outlook Web Access.

We can log onto it, but no messages are displayed, but a script error
notification is present stating that an Object doesn't support a certain
property or function. The script is named "vw_message.js"

My guess is that vw_message.js forms the code for displaying the list of
messages and to view an individual message.

Does anyone know what the cause of this is? Is it a recent patch or
something to the Exchange server?
From: spidertech on
Jordan Hotzel wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 18:31
> I have a situation where we are trying to use Outlook Web Access.
>
> We can log onto it, but no messages are displayed, but a script error
> notification is present stating that an Object doesn't support a certain
> property or function. The script is named "vw_message.js"
>
> My guess is that vw_message.js forms the code for displaying the list of
> messages and to view an individual message.
>
> Does anyone know what the cause of this is? Is it a recent patch or
> something to the Exchange server?

I ran across this while search through Microsoft's database. This problem may occur if you use the msExchQueryBaseDN attribute to limit the scope of a Microsoft Active Directory directory service search.

They have implemented a hotfix, this is the link of the article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828847

Hope this helps,

" currently with The Message Center ".
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com