From: Zen on
Thanks for clarrifying that john.

Tony thanks for the suggestion.

Will post back if I find out more.

From: David W. Fenton on
"Zen" <r-> wrote in news:e01uiBaXKHA.1236(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> this is a really old project that has been updated and
> revised since 1999 originaly with access 97 or 98

There was no such thing as Access 98.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on
"Zen" <r-> wrote in news:ewtc6saXKHA.1236(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Will post back if I find out more.
> "John W. Vinson" <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in
> message news:5534f5hr2c6vml061508qbjh3snqqra3cb(a)4ax.com...
>
>> That's just what it should do....The fact that you don't get an
>> error popup suggests that there
>> is noplace in your code that actually uses OWC10.dll, so you
>> should be fine to
>> just uncheck it.
>
> Thanks for clarrifying that john.
>
> Tony thanks for the suggestion.

Let me say one thing here at the end, now that things have been
resolved:

As the user of the app, you shouldn't have to mess around with this.
The developer should have taken better care with the references.

I would say that the list of references indicates a developer who is
barely competent, as several of the references are problematic for a
number of reasons. Competent Access developers endeavor to keep
references to a minimum precisely because there are so many
circumstances that can break them. Any app with more than the three
base references (Access, VBA, DAO) is an app that I'm suspicious of,
as it indicates a developer who isn't planning ahead, or is just not
at a level of competence that is appropriate for someone being paid
as an Access developer.

Harsh, but it's the way I see it.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Zen" <r-> wrote:

>Call ViewReferenceDetails
>VBA - 4.0 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL
>Access - 9.0 - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msacc.olb
>VBIDE - 5.3 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
>Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6EXT.OLB
>DAO - 5.0 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll
>stdole - 2.0 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\stdole2.tlb
>MSComDlg - 1.2 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Comdlg32.ocx
>MSXML2 - 6.0 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml6.dll
>
>ERROR WINDOW
>Run-time error '-2147319779 (8002801d)':
>Your contacts database or project contains a missing or broken reference to
>the file 'OWC10.dll' version 1.2
>
>Also, if I remove the reference and then try to compile the window flashes
>briefly and nothing happens.

Excellent. OWC10 isn't required. But then what about the other
references also possibly not required? VBIDE, stdole, MSComDlg and
MSXML2. Remove those one at a time and compile. If the compile
fails then put the reference back and try the next one.

Also the code I supplied would've failed when it got to the OWC
reference. There may very well be a useless reference after that. So
once you're done cleaning up these references run the code again and
lets see what else needs to be worked on.

>Let me add, that this is a really old project that has been updated and
>revised since 1999 originaly with access 97 or 98 then upgraded to 2000 and
>then we've been using XP (2002) ever since.
>
>Our core developer last used ver 2003 if I remember and it's likely he put
>this reference, not the guys who made these most recent changes.

Actually the OWC reference likely got in there when doing a conversion
from A97 to a newer version of Access and has been left in there
untouched.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files