From: richdean on
I have H&S Office 2007. It was working fine until an automatic MS update and
now help will not work in any of the applications. I tried to get assist from
MS, but they said my free period is over... so now they want to be paid for
an issue they created. I have run the diagnostics with no issues found. I
have tried the repair option on the CD with no luck. I have uninstalled and
re-installed Office 2X with no luck. I have updated with SP2 and again no
help. What exactly happens: When I click the help icon, a configuration
wizard initiates and states it is configuring MS H&S 2007. If I let the
configuration process proceed to its conclusion, it acts like it made changes
and then requires a re-boot. After the re-boot, the problem is still there.
If I kill the configuration set-up, I get a message stating “Are you sure you
want to cancel setup?”; I click yes and then get a message sating “There are
no help topics available that match your request.” I REALLY do not want to
do a full recovery. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do to
fix the problem?
From: Tesdall on

"richdean" wrote:

> I have H&S Office 2007. It was working fine until an automatic MS update and
> now help will not work in any of the applications. I tried to get assist from
> MS, but they said my free period is over... so now they want to be paid for
> an issue they created. I have run the diagnostics with no issues found. I
> have tried the repair option on the CD with no luck. I have uninstalled and
> re-installed Office 2X with no luck. I have updated with SP2 and again no
> help. What exactly happens: When I click the help icon, a configuration
> wizard initiates and states it is configuring MS H&S 2007. If I let the
> configuration process proceed to its conclusion, it acts like it made changes
> and then requires a re-boot. After the re-boot, the problem is still there.
> If I kill the configuration set-up, I get a message stating “Are you sure you
> want to cancel setup?”; I click yes and then get a message sating “There are
> no help topics available that match your request.” I REALLY do not want to
> do a full recovery. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do to
> fix the problem?

someone answered you on the CNET Forums.

Just fixed a few like that.

The first machine had been hit with malware. The next machine had Spybot
which was blocking items. The last machine had a Norton issue. All the owners
blamed Miccosoft yet fixes didn't have a thing to do with MS Office or the OS!

Think about what "blockers" and such are installed.
Bob