From: Boris on
Hi,
I have a problem with my recently installed Office 2007 Pro Plus setup
running under XP SP2. My default language preference for speeling and grammar
is English (UK) but when I try to spell check new or old (word XP) documents,
I get an error to say that Word "cannot find proofing tools for English
(UK)...". If I click K, Word tells me it has completed the spelling and
grammar checking but detects no errors etc. And if I choose to use the
thesaurus I get the error the Office "cannot op[en the Thesaurus... Installer
error 1605...". Everything work OK if I select English (US) as my language
but that does not help me much... I have tried repairing the installation and
have tried unininstalling the proofing tools and reinstalling them (using the
MSOCache files, not the installation source) but this has not helped... Are
the English (UK) proofing tools not available from the installation source?
Where can I obtain the English (UK) Files and how do I install them?
Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.
Best wishes, Boris.