Prev: cross-hares
Next: Test
From: LeelaSeville on

For the most part, files transferred from Mac to PC and vice versa with
the same programs are good to go. Rarely do I ever encounter any sort
of problems. Whenever I had to print something off for class, I would
use the school's computers to print off something I developed on a PC
(they used a Mac). I never had any problems then and I don't think
there would be problems now. Just remember to save your file with the
right type of compatibility. If you do that, you should be fine.

--
LeelaSeville
From: EricG on
Or, if you're buying a NEW Mac, go get Windows 7 and Office 2007. Then
you'll have two computers in one and won't have to worry about compatibility
issues. That's what I did when I replace both my iMac and my PC.

Eric

From: Bruce Sinclair on
In article <LeelaSeville.64473a5(a)excelbanter.com>, LeelaSeville <LeelaSeville.64473a5(a)excelbanter.com> wrote:

>For the most part, files transferred from Mac to PC and vice versa with
>the same programs are good to go. Rarely do I ever encounter any sort
>of problems. Whenever I had to print something off for class, I would
>use the school's computers to print off something I developed on a PC
>(they used a Mac). I never had any problems then and I don't think
>there would be problems now. Just remember to save your file with the
>right type of compatibility. If you do that, you should be fine.

We have a mac at home user that has trouble printing mac files from work
computers. Obviously, that could be a printer problem, rather than a file
problem ... but he is the only one that has this problem (lots of almost
blank pages with a few odd characters printing instead of the XL SS).
Suggest trying small files for printing to start with ... just in case. :)

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: cross-hares
Next: Test