From: KenR on
System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office Service
Pack 2 update but installation fails every time resulting in error message
57E while I have seen dozens of similar reports, I have yet to see any
suggested fix from Microsoft.

Clearly this is a well known error. IF the upgrade is important, then why
haven't we been provided with a solution. IF the upgrade is not important,
then why do they try to keep sending it?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See replies to your second post.