From: Antonio Macchi on
> how old is your laptop i have a laptop that is 6 years old and installed
> opensuse 11.1 on it.

Open Suse require 256MB RAM (as every other distribution)

With less than 256MB you can't install latest release of KDE nor GNOME.

Previous Release of GNOME-KDE like those in Debian Etch works fine even
on 128MB

With less than 128 you can't run Firefox... you have to use Dillo instead.

From: darklight on
Antonio Macchi wrote:

>> how old is your laptop i have a laptop that is 6 years old and installed
>> opensuse 11.1 on it.
>
> Open Suse require 256MB RAM (as every other distribution)
>
> With less than 256MB you can't install latest release of KDE nor GNOME.
>
> Previous Release of GNOME-KDE like those in Debian Etch works fine even
> on 128MB
>
> With less than 128 you can't run Firefox... you have to use Dillo instead.

I have old versions of suse from 8.0 up if thats any help
From: Antonio Macchi on

> Be sure to check my headers, too. You'll see that I'm using Thunderbird
> from Mandriva Linux 2009.1. Of course, since you don't think Thunderbird

Mandriva?!?!?!?

TROLL! TROLL! TROLL TROLL!!!!

--
Il Paradiso sono gli altri - Ertras
From: Allodoxaphobia on
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:34:38 -0400, TJ wrote:
> Dan C wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:39:07 -0400, TJ wrote:
>>
>>> Fascinating way you have of winning potential converts to the cause.
>>
>> The "cause"? What cause is that?
>>
> Linux, fool. Most Linux users are former Microsofters that have become
> enlightened.

Are you really that boonkers? :-)
Attempting to discuss anything with "Dan C"
is the same as wrestling with a pig.

If you don't know that old analogy....

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/q137450.html

From: TJ on
Allodoxaphobia wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:34:38 -0400, TJ wrote:
>> Dan C wrote:

>>> The "cause"? What cause is that?
>>>
>> Linux, fool. Most Linux users are former Microsofters that have become
>> enlightened.
>
> Are you really that boonkers? :-)
> Attempting to discuss anything with "Dan C"
> is the same as wrestling with a pig.
>
> If you don't know that old analogy....
>
> http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/q137450.html

Sigh. I know. But I pity the poor guy. He must have been horribly abused
as a child to have such a warped view of things. Too bad.

TJ

--

To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad
government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals.