From: JBJ on
"dillinger" <dillinger(a)invalid.not> skrev i meddelelsen
> On 08/27/2009 08:43 PM, JBJ wrote:
>> I'm looking for an old version of PC LinuxOS 2007, anyone know a place
>> to find that?
>>
>> I used hours on google looking for it:(
>>
>> The 2009 wont boot on my old laptop, I can't even get to the boot
>> options, so i read in forums to try the 2007 version but can't find it
>> anywhere.
>>

> What google do you use? :)
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=PC+LinuxOS+2007
>
> 4th hit:
>
> http://iso.linuxquestions.org/pclinuxos/pclinuxos-2007/
>
> Michel.

Did you try your own links? I have allready visisted all those sites, as I
wrote before I used hours on google trying to find it. But thnx anyway:)

Med venlig hilsen / With kind regards

Jan Johansson

From: JBJ on
"VWWall" <vwall(a)large.invalid> skrev i meddelelsen
> JBJ wrote:
>> I'm looking for an old version of PC LinuxOS 2007, anyone know a place
>> to find that?
>>
>> I used hours on google looking for it:(
>>
>> The 2009 wont boot on my old laptop, I can't even get to the boot
>> options, so i read in forums to try the 2007 version but can't find it
>> anywhere.
>>
> Did you try MineMe?
>
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/texstar/pclinuxos/live-cd/english/preview/pclinuxos-minime-kde3-2009.1.iso
>
> This is a good basic OS, to which you can add using Synaptic.
>
> --
> Virg Wall

HelloVirg Wall, yup I tried it, it gave the same error as 2009.2 (many
others are complaining about this too): Unable to determine available
memory size.

You dont even get to boot options menu.

From: JBJ on
"J.O. Aho" <user(a)example.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> JBJ wrote:
>
>> The 2009 wont boot on my old laptop, I can't even get to the boot
>> options, so i read in forums to try the 2007 version but can't find it
>> anywhere.
>
> If you can't get boot options with the 2009.2 CD, then you won't have any
> more luck with 2007, check that you did really burn out the iso and not
> jut stored the iso file on the CD.
>

> --
>
> //Aho

Belive me its burned in a proper way, what happens is i get to a screen
saying: Unable to determine memory size.

Other people who has run into this managed to boot 2007, so thats why I'm
looking for it:)

From: JBJ on
"darklight" <nglennglen(a)netscape.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> Antonio Macchi wrote:
>
>>> how old is your laptop i have a laptop that is 6 years old and
>>> installed
>>> opensuse 11.1 on it.
>>
>> Open Suse require 256MB RAM (as every other distribution)
>>
>> With less than 256MB you can't install latest release of KDE nor GNOME.
>>
>> Previous Release of GNOME-KDE like those in Debian Etch works fine even
>> on 128MB
>>
>> With less than 128 you can't run Firefox... you have to use Dillo
>> instead.
>
> I have old versions of suse from 8.0 up if thats any help

the laptop was made in 1999:) so far I managed installing Ubuntu 9.04
Desktop, Puppy, Kubuntu. But I like to try other things and will keep the
Ubuntu but dual boot other distros to see if there are better options for
my laptop:)

From: dillinger on
On 08/31/2009 12:40 AM, JBJ wrote:
> "dillinger" <dillinger(a)invalid.not> skrev i meddelelsen
>> On 08/27/2009 08:43 PM, JBJ wrote:
>>> I'm looking for an old version of PC LinuxOS 2007, anyone know a place
>>> to find that?
>>>
>>> I used hours on google looking for it:(
>>>
>>> The 2009 wont boot on my old laptop, I can't even get to the boot
>>> options, so i read in forums to try the 2007 version but can't find it
>>> anywhere.
>>>

>> What google do you use? :)
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=PC+LinuxOS+2007
>>
>> 4th hit:
>>
>> http://iso.linuxquestions.org/pclinuxos/pclinuxos-2007/
>>
>> Michel.
>>

> Did you try your own links? I have allready visisted all those sites, as
> I wrote before I used hours on google trying to find it. But thnx anyway:)

No, I didn't, sorry.

I had another look and found one incredibly slow working link:

http://ftp.leg.uct.ac.za/pub/linux/pclinuxos/live-cd/english/preview/
or
ftp://ftp.leg.uct.ac.za/pub/linux/pclinuxos/live-cd/english/preview/

Good Luck,

Michel.