From: Peter T on
I don't follow, "Here is how I do it". Is that intended as an answer to my
question to you (it's not), or as an answer to something else, or for
general information, or a question about something else.

Regards,
Peter T

From: avi on
Not sure to understand your remark

You've asked to know how can a user select an OleObject without being
in Design Mode

I therefore presented the code that enables to create an event (in my
case a simple Click on the object) that makes the object selectable
(Anchors at its corners)

Please try rephrasing your question in case I didn't understand it

Thanks
Avi
From: Peter T on
I know it's possible to select oleObjects with code, but no need even to
select. This will delete them all -
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Delete

My question to you was how to select an oleObject without being in design
mode or without using *code*. In your reply to Hector you were talking about
what the "user" can do, which normally means manually.

Have you tried protecting the sheet as I suggested, you only need to protect
Objects. As I said not very secure, but nothing in Excel is totally secure

From: avi on
Thanks

Protecting objects in the sheet seems indeed a good way to achieve
what I need

Avi

From: H�ctor Miguel on
hi, avi !

> Protecting objects in the sheet seems indeed a good way to achieve what I need

this is part of your original post regarding (*manually* was very precise)...

"> ... prevent the user manually deleting an OleObject (ActiveX) ..."

and, this is what a first suggested...

"> ... beside protecting that worksheet ..."

hth,
hector.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2