From: Ludovic Brenta on
A recent discussion on the AWS users' mailing list made me realize
that there exist many, many different libraries for interfacing Ada
programs to various database engines. I even learned about a couple
that I was not yet aware of.

I think it would be very nice to consolidate all the information
available on all these libraries in one place, so that programmers
know about them and can choose wisely. It seems to me that the best
place for such a discussion is the existing page on the "Ada
Programming" wikibook:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Libraries/Database

This page was very incomplete, listing only GNADE, APQ and GWindows
with links to their home pages but no other information. I have edited
this page to provide more information in a table. The information
there is still incomplete; please add your favourite database
interface library to the page for better visibility and correct the
information as you deem necessary. Also feel free to add notes and
details outside the table.

Thanks for your help.

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Ludovic Brenta on
I wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Libraries/Database

Side note: since my changes have not yet been "sighted" (whatever that
means), you must click on "View draft" on the top-right corner of the
page to see the most recent version.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

From: Tero Koskinen on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:41:32 -0700 (PDT) Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> A recent discussion on the AWS users' mailing list made me realize
> that there exist many, many different libraries for interfacing Ada
> programs to various database engines. I even learned about a couple
> that I was not yet aware of.
>
> I think it would be very nice to consolidate all the information
> available on all these libraries in one place, so that programmers
> know about them and can choose wisely. It seems to me that the best
> place for such a discussion is the existing page on the "Ada
> Programming" wikibook:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Libraries/Database

Another place which lists various database bindings/libraries is
AdaCommons wiki:
http://www.adacommons.org/Category:Database

--
Tero Koskinen - http://iki.fi/tero.koskinen/
From: xavier grave on
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:48:10 +0200, xavier grave wrote:

> I'm working with sqlite3 now, I'll be glad to have a more complete
> binding to it using SQLite3-Ada than the very poor one I have developed
> for my needs (it only uses blob).

I have SQLite3 bindings (middle thickness) in the Simple Components:

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#SQLite

It is more than blobs, but not all SQLite.

P.S. GNADE has SQLite bindings as well. I didn't use them because I wanted
to be able to put the amalgation directly into the project, the only
sensible use of SQLite, IMO.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov