From: WSR on
I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate
investments.

Each investment is a separate row of the table.

Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each
row as a separate report?

Thanks!

(B^>)-]=[

From: Marshall Barton on
WSR wrote:

>I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate
>investments.
>
>Each investment is a separate row of the table.
>
>Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each
>row as a separate report?

Well, lots ot things are possible, but in this case it can
be a pain. Why not just start each detail on a new page (or
group on the investment ID and start each group on a new
page)?

If you really have to have separate reports, then you need
to open a recordset on the report's data, loop through it,
open the report filtered on the ID field, wait for the
report to close, and then go on to the next record.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: WSR on
Thanks for your reply!

That would be the solution if I knew how to do it.

So when I go into Report Layout Tools/Format/Group and Sort/click the "More"
arrow at the bottom.

What would be your instruction to have each investment print on a separate
page?

"do not keep group together on one page"
"keep whole group together on one page"
"keep header and first record together on first page"?

This is difficult to explain but you got the gist of what I'm trying to do!

Thanks again!

(B^>)-]=[

From: Marshall Barton on
WSR wrote:
>So when I go into Report Layout Tools/Format/Group and Sort/click the "More"
>arrow at the bottom.
>
>What would be your instruction to have each investment print on a separate
>page?
>
>"do not keep group together on one page"
>"keep whole group together on one page"
>"keep header and first record together on first page"?

I don't think you need any of that. Just set the group
header section's ForceNewPage property to Yes.
If you do not already have grouping set, then set it for the
detail section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]