From: Steve Hix on
In article <hr-C8AD64.09462807092009(a)news.supernews.com>,
Hamish Reid <hr(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> In article <mbreslau-7DCDD7.09110907092009(a)news.speakeasy.net>,
> Michael Breslau <mbreslau(a)speakeasy.org> wrote:
>
> > Mark, I am one who follows and appreciates your postings for what they
> > are. Keep up the good work.
>
> [...]
>
> > PS: I'm old enough to remember when newsgroups were free from
> > name-calling and vituperation, and I wish it were still so today. Those
> > who try to demean others in public wind up demeaning themselves.
>
> As someone who's been on Usenet since at least the early 1980's, I
> can't imagine what Usenet you were on back then that was "free from
> name-calling and vituperation". "Dinette For Sale!" ring a bell?

Same here, since '85.

From: Mark Conrad on

Some people wonder why I am trying
to popularize the use of MacSpeech.

Below is one very good reason,
from my personal viewpoint.
-----------------------

CNET editors' review
Reviewed on: 02/09/2006

Nuance offers training programs for Dragon
Professional's extensive features at a
whopping $1,500 per day. Telephone support,
available weekdays from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT,
includes one free call. After that, each
incident will set you back $19.95.
E-mail support costs $9.95 per incident.

Above support prices are for year 2006,
probably more now in 2009.

Dragon Medical cost $1,100 in 2006, I paid
$1,600 for it in 2009.

Hardly anything new added to the 2009 version,
except all sorts of restriction on how it can be used,
such as the asinine restriction that it can only be
"activated" a total of ten times.
(by same user, on same computer)

Then user has to shell out $1,600 for a new copy of
Dragon medical, because the old one he paid for
no longer works !!!

<http://reviews.cnet.com/voice-recognition/dragon-naturallyspeaking-8-pr
ofessional/1707-3528_7-31228939.html>

Mark-
From: Mike Rosenberg on
Mark Conrad <none-of(a)your-business.invalid> wrote:

> Some people wonder why I am trying
> to popularize the use of MacSpeech.

We all assume they're paying you to shill.

--
My latest dance performance <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvB98fgse-s>

Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts <http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi>
Prius shirts/bumper stickers <http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi>
From: J.J. O'Shea on
On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:12:43 -0400, Mike Rosenberg wrote
(in article <1j5m9of.1su16kg12xjhroN%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com>):

> Mark Conrad <none-of(a)your-business.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Some people wonder why I am trying
>> to popularize the use of MacSpeech.
>
> We all assume they're paying you to shill.

And that they don't pay very well, 'cause if they did they'd be able to get a
better spokestwit.

From: Mark Conrad on
In article <h80hhv01ge(a)news2.newsguy.com>, J.J. O'Shea
<try.not.to(a)but.see.sig> wrote:

> >> Some people wonder why I am trying
> >> to popularize the use of MacSpeech.
> >
> > We all assume they're paying you to shill.
> >

> And that they don't pay very well, 'cause if they did they'd be able to get a
> better spokestwit.

They can't pay at all nitwit, they are just barely
avoiding bankruptcy.

....or do you conveniently forget that they fired their
one and only spokesperson here, a guy named
Chuck Rogers, who used to be on their payroll.