From: Robert Montgomery on
Would it be feasible to string a cord from my late 2006 Imac into
another room, where one or more speakers would play music broadcast by
music stations on the Internet?

The distance would be about 40 feet from the computer in one room to the
speaker or speakers in the other room.

Robert
From: Richard Hix on
Using two Airport Expresses [Expressi ;-) ], one hooked to the den's
stereo system, one in the living room to a small Sony 2-speaker
desktop size box with an iPhone dock. Routing through iTunes to both
works great.
Richard

From: Robert Montgomery on
Michael Vilain wrote:
> In article <u2mpm.44176$PH1.15294(a)edtnps82>,
> Robert Montgomery <info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:
>
>> Would it be feasible to string a cord from my late 2006 Imac into
>> another room, where one or more speakers would play music broadcast by
>> music stations on the Internet?
>>
>> The distance would be about 40 feet from the computer in one room to the
>> speaker or speakers in the other room.
>>
>> Robert
>
> if your iMac has a wireless connection, you can buy an Airport Extreme
> box, configure it to use Airtunes, and plug it into your stereo. The
> Mac will broadcast whatever iTunes is playing through "Airtunes" to the
> ApE box and your stereo will play it.
>
> You may have problems driving speakers with the right impedance through
> the Mac. Voltage does drop with distance due to the resistance in the
> wire. If it pulls to much current to drive the speakers through 40 ft.
> of wire, you could have a problem with the Mac. If you use a iMic USB
> device, it will drive regular headphones. It just won't be very loud.
>
> Go with the ApE box ($99) and your stereo (or a boombox with the right
> cables).

Thanks, people. Your idea sounds good, but I don't think it'll work.

I'm a subscriber to live365.com (http://www.live365.com) � because it
has a lot of radio stations.

It claims to have 6,000 Internet radio stations, while Itunes has only a
paltry selection of a few dozen.

The Apple site
(http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/features/airtunes.html) says that
Airport Express works with Itunes. It doesn't say it works with live365.com.

Robert
From: Kurt Ullman on
In article <cHtpm.44180$PH1.2500(a)edtnps82>,
Robert Montgomery <info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:

>nk it'll work.
>
> I'm a subscriber to live365.com (http://www.live365.com) � because it
> has a lot of radio stations.
>
> It claims to have 6,000 Internet radio stations, while Itunes has only a
> paltry selection of a few dozen.
>
> The Apple site
> (http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/features/airtunes.html) says that
> Airport Express works with Itunes. It doesn't say it works with live365.com.
>
> Robert
Would Airfoil work with your set-up through the AE?
http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
From: AES on
In article <vilain-E0BD01.00542508092009(a)individual.net>,
Michael Vilain <vilain(a)NOspamcop.net> wrote:

> if your iMac has a wireless connection, you can buy an Airport Extreme
> box, configure it to use Airtunes, and plug it into your stereo. The

You meant "Airport Express"?