From: Terry on
I have two tables in the same folder
the realtionship wizard onlys shows one table Access 2007

From: KARL DEWEY on
You are mixing terms. Tables are not in folders.
Folders are subdivisions of computer drives.
Databases reside in folders on a drive.
Tables are in databases, in folders, on a drive.
Think of fields (Database term - Access) as being the columns (Spreadsheet
term - Excel) of a table.

Are your two tables in the same database or in different databases but in
the same file folder on the drive?

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Terry on
there are two tables (HD Order and HD Lookup) both located in the same folder
path: c:\arch\access DB
Two different DB in the same folder...but shouldn't I be able to relate them
them?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 18:10:01 -0700, Terry <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>there are two tables (HD Order and HD Lookup) both located in the same folder
>path: c:\arch\access DB
>Two different DB in the same folder...but shouldn't I be able to relate them
>them?

Don't confuse *databases* - .mdb or .accdb files - with *tables*.

A Database is a container for multiple tables, forms, reports, code and other
objects.

A Table can be related to another Table, but you can't relate one database to
another database. It's a box of stuff!

You can use File... Get External Data... Link in the menu from one database to
link to a table in a different database, or you can include both tables in the
same database.

This is a different philosophy than, say, dBase or FoxBase; what those
programs call a database is a separate Windows file (or a group of related
files). The functional equivalent in Access is one or more tables *within* a
database.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Terry on
Yeah I figured that out from Karl's post (thanks) and was able to create the
two tables and relate them....still having a problem with a simple lookup
though.
In the order table I need to look up PrtNum (part #) or by PrtNam (part name)
and have it fill in the other fields....suggestions?
Thanks