From: Kari Laine on
Hi,

I just built Velleman 8061 and got it eventually working - I think?

But I have a question.

Shouldn't I be able to see whether line is active by resistance meter
over the transistor?

If I have understood right the resistance over the transistor should
change when line is on or off?

Now the resistance meter shows only infinity whether the line is 0 or 1.

I can't understand ...

Best Regards
Kari

--
PIC - ARM - DISPLAYS - RELAYS - MODULES - CONVERTERS - I2C - SPI -
KEYPADS - ACCESSORIES
From: Peter Bennett on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:50:39 +0300, Kari Laine <klaine8(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just built Velleman 8061 and got it eventually working - I think?
>
>But I have a question.
>
>Shouldn't I be able to see whether line is active by resistance meter
>over the transistor?
>
>If I have understood right the resistance over the transistor should
>change when line is on or off?
>
>Now the resistance meter shows only infinity whether the line is 0 or 1.
>
>I can't understand ...
>
>Best Regards
>Kari

Connect a resistor from a digital output to the positive supply, then
measure the voltage between the digital output and ground.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
From: Kari Laine on
Peter Bennett wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:50:39 +0300, Kari Laine <klaine8(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just built Velleman 8061 and got it eventually working - I think?
>>
>> But I have a question.
>>
>> Shouldn't I be able to see whether line is active by resistance meter
>> over the transistor?
>>
>> If I have understood right the resistance over the transistor should
>> change when line is on or off?
>>
>> Now the resistance meter shows only infinity whether the line is 0 or 1.
>>
>> I can't understand ...
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Kari
>
> Connect a resistor from a digital output to the positive supply, then
> measure the voltage between the digital output and ground.

THANKS !

From: John Fields on
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just built Velleman 8061 and got it eventually working - I think?
>
>But I have a question.
>
>Shouldn't I be able to see whether line is active by resistance meter
>over the transistor?
>
>If I have understood right the resistance over the transistor should
>change when line is on or off?
>
>Now the resistance meter shows only infinity whether the line is 0 or 1.
>
>I can't understand ...

---
Try this: (View in Courier)

C-------+