From: Douglas J. Steele on
Actually, using that approach is far simpler than Automation would be!

Go into the VB Editor and create a new module (not a class module nor a
module associated with a form or report)

Copy everything between Code Start and Code End on the web page, and paste
it into the new module.

Save the module, giving it a unique name (something like mdlShellExecute
should work fine)

In your Click event, use

Call fHandleFile("\\servername\shared\PUBLIC\filename.xls")

instead of the FollowHyperlink method.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Steve Goodrich on
Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get back to the office

From: Steve Goodrich on
Hi
Finally got it working with:

Shell """C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\office11\excel.exe""
""\\server\shared\public\folder\file.xls""", vbMaximizedFocus

Thanks for all your help

Steve

From: Len on