From: chris on
On 14/01/10 13:06, Gordon wrote:
> chris wrote:
>> On 13/01/10 15:59, Gordon wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm trying to establish whether a problem with OO 3.1.1 that is bundled
>>> with Ubuntu 9.10 is an Ubuntu one or an Open Office one so I need
>>> answers from people who don't run Ubuntu!
>>>
>>> The problem is this - the OO bundled with Ubuntu 9.10 will NOT use any
>>> email client address books as an address source, (in other words when I
>>> do File-Wizards-Address data Source, the the ONLY option available is
>>> External Data source - no Email addressbook sources are visible) whereas
>>> the standalone install of 3.1.1 on Windows is able to do so. (If I do
>>> the same menu options in Windows I get a list of email client
>>> addressbook types showing)
>>>
>>> You can see the differences here:
>>> http://cid-e60ce3038809e993.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Open%20Office%20screens
>>>

>>> Can anyone help me with this?
>>
>> I have a stock RPM install from the OOo site of v3.1.1 on Centos 5. My
>> list of available 'Address data sources' is:
>> Mozilla/Netscape
>> Thunderbird
>> KDE address book
>> LDAP address data
>> other external data source
>
> So that didn't come bundled with Centos, but was installed from the OO site?

That's right. The version from the Centos repos is ancient (v.2.3.0).

>> Looks like it could be an Ubuntu limitation or you may need to install
>> an optional OOo package.
>
> Base is installed....

Do you mean 'core'? 'base' is just the database, isn't it? I don't use
Ubuntu, but that's the case in debian.
From: Gordon on
chris wrote:

> On 14/01/10 13:06, Gordon wrote:
>> chris wrote:

>>> I have a stock RPM install from the OOo site of v3.1.1 on Centos 5. My
>>> list of available 'Address data sources' is:
>>> Mozilla/Netscape
>>> Thunderbird
>>> KDE address book
>>> LDAP address data
>>> other external data source
>>
>> So that didn't come bundled with Centos, but was installed from the OO site?
>
> That's right. The version from the Centos repos is ancient (v.2.3.0).
>

>>> Looks like it could be an Ubuntu limitation or you may need to install
>>> an optional OOo package.
>>
>> Base is installed....
>
> Do you mean 'core'? 'base' is just the database, isn't it? I don't use
> Ubuntu, but that's the case in debian.

No, you have to have Base installed to be able to use the address book
data source function AFAIK, because it actually creates a database which
is refreshed every so often..