From: Bunximo on

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Goodness; there are so many possibilities here.
>
> In A2007, under Office Button | Access Options, you choose between tabbed
> documents or multilple windows. Tabbed will always be maximized within the
> Access window. Multiple child windows can be maximized with Maximize (in the
> form's Load event.) Ctrl+F1 toggles the ribbon on/off if that helps.
>
> Alternatively, you can set your form's Popup property to Yes, so it opens
> outside the Access application window. But I'm not sure Maximize will do
> what you want if you make that choice.
>
> --
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia
>
> "Angeline" <Angeline(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi Allen, thanks for your response (and sorry for my delayed reply) I
> > think
> > I meant to say how do you maximise to full screen so that you can no
> > longer
> > see the tool bars at the top. This form is set in the current database to
> > open when I open the database so not sure how to also get it to maximise
> > full screen) as well.
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Maximize should do it.
> >>
> >> Another approach would be to set the properties of the current database
> >> use 'tabbed documents' instead of separate windows. It's in the same area
> >> as
> >> where you set the startup form. (Access 2007 only.)
> >>
> >> We are assuming this is not a popup window here.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>
> >> "Angeline" <Angeline(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

I too am new to this and don't understand a great deal about it.

I've created a Contacts database which is perfect for what I want. When I
click on the desktop shortcut I have created, I would like it to open in the
contact details from with the form maximized to the full screen.

I've read the posts on here but I'm afraid I don't understand them at all.

Please would you be able to give me a step by step idea of how to do it?

Many thanks,

Bunximo.