From: Alexis on
Hello,

I'm interested in using OpenGL with QtAda on Windows and GNAT 2009. So
far I have managed to subclass a Q_GL_Widget, but OpenGL support seems
to be lacking, thus I cannot call any glXXX functions like
glClearColor.

In the past I have managed to use OpenGL with Ada using the Win32
bindings in Win32Ada, but I'd like to do it in a "proper" and portable
way for Qt. From checking the MSVC version it seems that Qt in Windows
falls back to whatever native OpenGL implementation it can find on the
machine. I guess this is what we should do in QtAda?

Or is it just that I've missed something on the way?

Many thanks and best regards, Alexis.
From: Vadim Godunko on
On Jan 13, 9:40 pm, Alexis <jose_alexis_paez_thurg...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm interested in using OpenGL with QtAda on Windows and GNAT 2009. So
> far I have managed to subclass a Q_GL_Widget, but OpenGL support seems
> to be lacking, thus I cannot call any glXXX functions like
> glClearColor.
>
> In the past I have managed to use OpenGL with Ada using the Win32
> bindings in Win32Ada, but I'd like to do it in a "proper" and portable
> way for Qt. From checking the MSVC version it seems that Qt in Windows
> falls back to whatever native OpenGL implementation it can find on the
> machine. I guess this is what we should do in QtAda?

OpenGL is portable by its nature, except the interface with underling
OS/window system. Qt just fill this hole and provide portable way to
construct OpenGL window and handle events. Thus, you still need to use
some OpenGL binding to access to portable part of OpenGL API.