From: alanslists on
On 16/08/09 19:22, Daniel Lambertsen wrote:
> Dear OpenOffice team
> I'm happy user of OpenOffice for my pc, and I want to use OpenOffice for my
> android phone so I can write on my homework in school while I'm on the move.
> If you could do that I and other users would be very happy.
> Sincerely, Daniel Lambertsen

I don't think you'd want OOo on a phone OS like Android.

What would be a better solution would a be a simple Word Processor
and/or Spreadsheet which can open and save in ODF.

Implementing the whole OOo on a little phone with minimal memory, slow
processor and tiny screen seems a bit daft if you ask me.

Think a "notepad" kind of app but with ODF support.

Al

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Alexandro Colorado on
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Alan Lord (News)<alanslists(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/08/09 19:22, Daniel Lambertsen wrote:
>>
>> Dear OpenOffice team
>> I'm happy user of OpenOffice for my pc, and I want to use OpenOffice for
>> my
>> android phone so I can write on my homework in school while I'm on the
>> move.
>> If you could do that I and other users would be very happy.
>> Sincerely, Daniel Lambertsen
>>

> I don't think you'd want OOo on a phone OS like Android.
>
> What would be a better solution would a be a simple Word Processor and/or
> Spreadsheet which can open and save in ODF.
>
> Implementing the whole OOo on a little phone with minimal memory, slow
> processor and tiny screen seems a bit daft if you ask me.
>
> Think a "notepad" kind of app but with ODF support.

My guesstimate is that you could build an application based on some of
the ODF engine based in Java like ODFDOM.

http://www.odftoolkit.org

This engine can be ported to a mobiel and then develop using the
native toolkit to create the app.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org