From: Lars Nooden on
On 04/01/2010 02:03 AM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> hm, at least this is my perception. I saw four public statements

It is under the radar of many.

> ... but have not yet received any indication that, with the clarifications,
> I may now be acceptable. ;)

That would be easy enough to figure out:

Are you working for Novell or any of its partners?

Is Novell still working packages competing with OOo,
including forks?

Are you yourself still working on that fork?

Since you ask, the clarification is that it would be ill advised for the
community to involve in a leadership role an employee of a company with
a strongly hostile and antagonistic stance against Free Software, and in
particular one that has frequently targeted OOo. There were many
chances to leave Novell after it went south, and even second chances.
Staying would suggest an endorsement of its goals and policies.

Regards,
/Lars

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Thorsten Behrens on
Lars Nooden wrote:
> [...] it would be ill advised for the community to involve in a
> leadership role an employee of a company with a strongly hostile
> and antagonistic stance against Free Software, and in particular
> one that has frequently targeted OOo.

Lars, your allegations are out of this world. Last time I checked,
Novell was still the second largest contributor to (upstream) OOo
code, after Sun/Oracle.

-- Thorsten
From: "Bruce Martin" on
Hi Thorsten:

(This raises a trifle of humour: "Does that mean they are a NOVELL
addition?"

Bruce M.

_____