From: Christoph Noack on
Hi all,

the phase "Voting by the Constituency" for the current OpenOffice.org
Community Council elections starts now. The election process [1]
instructs us to allot two weeks for voting. That period begins now and
will end by April 15th 2010.

The voting for the different seats will be done by the corresponding
constituencies (see below). We have compiled a list of those who are
eligible to vote and we will invite the members of the constituencies by
direct mail which explains how and where to vote.

The wiki page [2] provides further information on the current elections.
Nevertheless, we are going to vote for ...

Native Language Confederation Representative

Number of seats: One

Constituency: Category leads, project leads and co-leads from
native-lang projects, plus project lead and co-leads of l10n
project.

Candidate: Olivier Hallot

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Elections/2010-03#Native_Language_Confederation_Representative

Code Contributor Representative

Number of seats: One

Constituency: All active code contributors - people who
constantly contribute code to the project under the general
rules of the project, as defined by following criteria: a)
contributor is a domain developer, b) contributor has commit
access to the OpenOffice.org code repository, c) contributing
code with the established child workspace processes, d)
contributing under the accepted term and conditions of the
project (SCA, formerly known as JCA or CA)., e) contributor
constantly takes over ownership of child workspaces (took
ownership of at least one CWS within the last 6 months)

Candidate: Eike Rathke

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Elections/2010-03#Code_Contributor_Representative

Product Development Representative

Number of seats: One

Constituency: Category leads, project leads and co-leads of all
OpenOffice.org projects (accepted and incubator) but not from
the native-lang category or l10n project.

Candidate: Thorsten Behrens

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Elections/2010-03#Product_Development_Representative

If you run into any problems feel free to contact the commissary and
observers listed at [2].

Thank you and enjoy your day!

Christoph (on behalf of the OpenOffice.org Community Council)