From: Ann on
I have a report with a subreport that closes the database every time I try to
Preview it or open it in Design View. The subreport will also do this if I
try to open it independently. The queries work fine. The report wasn't
doing this for the last couple of days, then this morning it started doing it
if the window was maximized. If I clicked to restore the view to a smaller
size and then closed the report this didn't happen. Now it happens every
time. I have tried to compact and repair with no luck. Is there anything I
can do besides recreate these? Thanks in advance.
From: Allen Browne on
Sounds like something has corrupted with the subreport.

Follow the steps suggested here (in order):
http://allenbrowne.com/recover.html

I imagine you will need to use the SaveAsText at the end of the article to
recover the subreport.

It may also help to delete the subreport from the main report (in a copy of
the database), just to verify that the main report itself is fine.