From: Maracay on
Hi guys,

I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query that gather
information from different tables, the problem is when I open the form it
shows data already, I want a blank form when it opens, I already tried
including DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRecord in the open from event, but I get
“You can go to the specified record”, if I go to the query I can't modify the
data or add a new record that is why the acNewRecord is not working.

I'll really appreciate any help

Thanks

From: Marshall Barton on
Maracay wrote:
>I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query that gather
>information from different tables, the problem is when I open the form it
>shows data already, I want a blank form when it opens, I already tried
>including DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRecord in the open from event, but I get
>�You can go to the specified record�, if I go to the query I can�t modify the
>data or add a new record that is why the acNewRecord is not working.

Yes, if the query is not updatable, then you can not do much
of anything beyond viewing the data. That is common for
queries that include just two or three tables. Sometimes,
bot not guatanteed, you can get a query with two or maybe
even three tables to be updatable if you are careful to
include the primary key field from each table

Best would be to separate the query's tables into separate
queries and use those in subforms.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]