From: 98 Guy on
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Opera-10-61-RC2-Proves-Windows-98-Still-in-Use-150227.shtml

Opera 10.61 RC2 Proves Windows 98 Still in Use
August 2nd, 2010

A new development snapshot of the next update for Opera 10.60 is now
available for download and testing. Early adopters can grab the Release
Candidate 2 (RC2) of Opera 10.61 offered today and take it out for a
spin immediately. Of course, as was the case with Opera 10.61 RC1,
testers should not expect to see any major changes, as Opera Software is
focusing mainly on perfecting the release, and dealing with problems
which managed to survive past Opera 10.60. But since it is pre-release
software, Opera 10.61 RC2 should only be deployed in testing
environments, and not into production.

�Today�s RC mostly contains stability fixes. But we had to revert the
fix for the blanking out of the start bar, as it caused some other
problems, and it probably won't make it in 10.61 Final. You should also
look out for problems with cookies as we fixed a bug in the cookie
settings. There are also some improvements for Geolocation on Unix and
some fixes for memory issues,� revealed Martin Rauscher, from the Opera
Desktop Team.

Opera 10.61 RC2 does bring to the table an interesting fix, and one that
proves that users are still running Windows operating systems from the
past century. According to Rauscher, the development snapshot resolves a
problem which caused �Opera crashes on startup under Windows 98.� It�s
at least funny to think that Opera Software spent the necessary time and
development resources in order to fix a bug which prevented Opera 10.61
from being run on Windows 98.

The remaining fixes are a tad more comprehensive. The Norwegian browser
maker has resolve issues related to memory leaks, and crashes associated
with HTML5 Canvas, etc. At the same time, Opera users will now be able
to notice that "Fraud Protection" has been renamed to "Fraud and Malware
Protection," a change which is focused on rebranding the feature more
than on anything else.

Opera 10.61 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) is available for download here.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Opera-for-Windows-without-Java.shtml

Opera 10.70 Build 3452 is available for download here.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Opera-for-Windows-without-Java.shtml
From: Esra Sdrawkcab on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 04:04:43 +0100, 98 Guy <98(a)guy.com> wrote:

> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Opera-10-61-RC2-Proves-Windows-98-Still-in-Use-150227.shtml
>
> Opera 10.61 RC2 Proves Windows 98 Still in Use
> August 2nd, 2010

{snip}

Great! Hope you like it!

> Opera 10.70 Build 3452 is available for download here.
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Opera-for-Windows-without-Java.shtml

or direct from Opera themselves:

http://www.opera.com/browser/

--