From: 98 Guy on

Microsoft removed 43 newsgroups from their server during the first week
of July, and 1515 groups in early June.

They have removed no groups (yet?) in August. Their server is still
carrying 214 newsgroups - and a strange and arcane assortment if you ask
me.
From: Dan W on
On 8/10/2010 6:17 PM, 98 Guy wrote:

> Microsoft removed 43 newsgroups from their server during the first week
> of July, and 1515 groups in early June.
>
> They have removed no groups (yet?) in August. Their server is still
> carrying 214 newsgroups - and a strange and arcane assortment if you ask
> me.

Interesting and the Windows 98 General newsgroup was only one of 43
removed in July despite requests that it be spared until at least October
From: Bill in Co on
Dan W wrote:
> On 8/10/2010 6:17 PM, 98 Guy wrote:
>>
>> Microsoft removed 43 newsgroups from their server during the first week
>> of July, and 1515 groups in early June.
>>
>> They have removed no groups (yet?) in August. Their server is still
>> carrying 214 newsgroups - and a strange and arcane assortment if you ask
>> me.
>
> Interesting and the Windows 98 General newsgroup was only one of 43
> removed in July despite requests that it be spared until at least October

MS wants you guys to dump 98 and "upgrade" (cough) to Windows 7!! Come on
now, and get with the program!

From: glee on
"Bill in Co" <surly_curmudgeon(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Dan W wrote:
>> On 8/10/2010 6:17 PM, 98 Guy wrote:
>>>
>>> Microsoft removed 43 newsgroups from their server during the first
>>> week
>>> of July, and 1515 groups in early June.
>>>
>>> They have removed no groups (yet?) in August. Their server is still
>>> carrying 214 newsgroups - and a strange and arcane assortment if you
>>> ask
>>> me.
>>
>> Interesting and the Windows 98 General newsgroup was only one of 43
>> removed in July despite requests that it be spared until at least
>> October
>
> MS wants you guys to dump 98 and "upgrade" (cough) to Windows 7!!
> Come on now, and get with the program!

Hardly the reason why they closed the groups...I assume you're
joking...and you can't "upgrade" from Win98 to Win7 either.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Sjouke Burry on
glee wrote:
> "Bill in Co" <surly_curmudgeon(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Dan W wrote:

>>> Interesting and the Windows 98 General newsgroup was only one of 43
>>> removed in July despite requests that it be spared until at least
>>> October
>> MS wants you guys to dump 98 and "upgrade" (cough) to Windows 7!!
>> Come on now, and get with the program!
>

> Hardly the reason why they closed the groups...I assume you're
> joking...and you can't "upgrade" from Win98 to Win7 either.
No, but you can downgrade to win7...........