Prev: Malware
Next: Userenv errors
From: Woody Lenton on
Dear all,

Having problems after a powercut but I believe problems started before this.

about 5 days ago the store stopped backing up with this error :

The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Instance not found

' from a call to 'HrESEBackupSetup()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft
Information Store' returned 'Functions called in an invalid sequence.

' from a call to 'HrESEBackupClose()' additional data '-'
The operation was ended.

This happened continuosly for 5 or 6 days.

Then powercut happened last night. the priv1.edb won't mount and neither
will the public store.

I have tried doing a soft recovery using eseutil however it is giving me

Operation terminated with error -1808 (JET_errDiskFull, No space left on
disk) a
fter 128.0 seconds.

I have over 140gb left on the disk that the databases are on. I have also
got Service pack 2 for exchange installed and have upped the database level
to 40gb with with reg hack from microsoft.com

Can anyone explain to me why this may be happening

Kind of urgent at the moment!! 10 users bretahing down my neck

Kindest Regards

Woody lenton
From: Woody Lenton on
Update:

Still stores wont't mount.

additional information :

sbs 2003 with all service packs.

Things I have done so far :

tried eseutil soft recovery
tried eseutil repair
Uninstalled exchange virus scanner
Started restarted server 4 times
tried calling microsoft who want to charge me £200 before I even speak to
someone and using a credit card which I do not use as I am against them.

Errors I am recieving now :

Application log :

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are
network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

Error initializing session for virtual machine SPECTRUM. The error number is
0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

Error 0xfffffb40 starting Storage Group
/DC=local/DC=rhp/CN=Configuration/CN=Services/CN=Microsoft
Exchange/CN=RHP/CN=Administrative Groups/CN=first administrative
group/CN=Servers/CN=SPECTRUM/CN=InformationStore/CN=First Storage Group on
the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
Storage Group - Initialization of Jet failed.

Information Store (2516) First Storage Group: Database recovery/restore
failed with unexpected error -1216.

Information Store (2516) First Storage Group: Database recovery failed with
error -1216 because it encountered references to a database, 'D:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb', which is no longer present. The database
was not brought to a Clean Shutdown state before it was removed (or possibly
moved or renamed). The database engine will not permit recovery to complete
for this instance until the missing database is re-instated. If the database
is truly no longer available and no longer required, procedures for
recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or
by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message

The first two i believe are just because I have stopped all exchange
services. However the bottom two appeared on restart.

Any Help would be much appreciated

KR

Woody

From: Steve Foster [SBS MVP] on
Woody Lenton wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Having problems after a powercut but I believe problems started before
>this.
>
>about 5 days ago the store stopped backing up with this error :
>
>The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Instance not found
>
>' from a call to 'HrESEBackupSetup()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft
>Information Store' returned 'Functions called in an invalid sequence.
>
>' from a call to 'HrESEBackupClose()' additional data '-'
>The operation was ended.
>
>This happened continuosly for 5 or 6 days.
>
>Then powercut happened last night. the priv1.edb won't mount and neither
>will the public store.
>
>I have tried doing a soft recovery using eseutil however it is giving me
>
>Operation terminated with error -1808 (JET_errDiskFull, No space left on
>disk) a
>fter 128.0 seconds.
>
>I have over 140gb left on the disk that the databases are on. I have also
>got Service pack 2 for exchange installed and have upped the database level
>to 40gb with with reg hack from microsoft.com
>
>Can anyone explain to me why this may be happening

ESEUTIL needs somewhere to create a temporary copy of the databases. By
default, that's the drive you're on when you invoke ESEUTIL. You can use
the /t switch to specify where the temporary copy should be placed.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Pages: 1
Prev: Malware