From: Alexandro Colorado on
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2010/01/31 5:52 PM Alexandro Colorado wrote:

>> <clipped garbage />
>>

>>> Maybe it's not possible.. I'm very interested in selling my Macbook for
>>> an
>>> iPad, but without any office suite, it would be difficult to work with it
>>> (I'm a student, and I would use it to take my lessons) even if iWorks
>>> exist
>>> for ipad, I need an application which would be able to write and read
>>> .doc
>>> and .ppt documents.
>>>

> There will be iWorks for the iPad. iWorks on a Mac reads and writes MS
> Office documents. I understand it will do the same on the iPad. It should
> handle everything you need at class. I would still want a computer at home
> as well.
>
> I think my next upgrade will be an iMac and an iPad instead of getting a
> MacBook Pro.
>

>> Watching Computer Action show they showed a much better option with
>> OpenOffice.org for much less :)
>> http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/
>>

> A cheap netbook as a replacement for a MacBook? Ridiculous! Save some money
> instead of getting an iPad and get a far inferior product.

Well I am not sure a netbook is so bad, first of all is more portable but
still lets you type at a normal speed. And also and more importantly it also
have the most appreciated 10hr battery life which is enough to go a whole
day without looking for a power chord/socket.

I am seriously considering it for my international traveling and
presentations. At the end of the day my netbook has surpass the usability of
my big powerful laptop the same way the big powerful laptop replaced my
bigger powerfuler (is this a word?) workstation.

And you get a much more complete Office suite in OpenOffice.org :)

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol