From: Elizabeth Matthis on
Hi Cor,

Thanks for your kind words and especially for your years of support for
OOo.

Let's keep on doing good things and talking about them.
;-)
Liz

On 01/28/10 13:53, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hi Stefan, all,
>
> Stefan Taxhet wrote (28-01-10 12:50)
>> With the acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle now being closed
>> we'll see some immediate changes to our site and product. This reflects
>> the fact that Oracle replaces Sun in its role as part of the
>> OpenOffice.org project.
>> [...]
>
> Let me take this opportunity to express some thoughts and feelings to
> the Sun team working on OpenOffice.org. And I hope and trust that, in
> doing so, I reflect the opinion of the vast majority of the members of
> our community.
>
> Some words of thanks are in its place, in my opinion, although
> essentially we continue to work with the same people.
>
> In the first place for all the good work done on the product and the
> project in the past nearly ten years. In moments of joy and excitement
> and also in times of problems and sadness.
>
> Further, I feel thankful for you all continuing the work in the long
> period of uncertainty that has just been closed. I know many of us were
> hopeful and confident, but still, one first has to see it really. I'm
> glad that now this period is closed, finished.
>
> People knowing me, will recognize that I'm not shy to raise my voice
> when (IMO) something is wrong, sub-optimal, and has room for
> improvement. Either be it in the software, either in how we work
> together. And I hope that I may be able to continue cooperating in this
> spirit for a long time to come. Enjoying the so often positive attitude
> of the team, and well meant steps to an even brighter future.
>
> I am really exited about OpenOffice.org being part of Oracle and trust
> that this new situation will give the project great opportunities.
> That all in the project may enjoy.
>
> Best wishes to all,
> Cor

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Larry Sadler" on

I echo these sentiments entirely . OO is a major player in the productivity space and a tremendous amount of credit accrues to Sun and all the Sun team players that have contributed to where OO is today . My best wishes for your efforts to continue this essential competitive journey and move to new levels of success for appreciative users the world over .