From: Kazunari Hirano on
Hi Cor, Liz and all,

We see "OpenOffice" on their pages such as "DOWNLOAD INFORMATION" on
http://www.oracle.com/us/sun/index.html and "SOFTWARE STRATEGY
WEBCASTS" on http://www.oracle.com/events/productstrategy/index.html

Shall we ask Oracle to correct them, "OpenOffice" to "OpenOffice.org,"
which is the name of our product and the name of our community?

Thanks,
khirano

--
Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
Japanese Language Project

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Katsuya Kobayashi on
Hi Lars,

Your both side of view is good point.

Hi Cor,

You write on the other sled, "the Dutch firm OpenOffice is trademark
holder for the EU.". Is it only one holder, and who?

Let's teach the FACT to Oracle staff soon!

Regards,
Katsuya

2010/1/29, Lars Nooden <larsnooden(a)openoffice.org>:
> Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>> Hi Cor, Liz and all,
>>
>> We see "OpenOffice" on their pages such as "DOWNLOAD INFORMATION" on
>> http://www.oracle.com/us/sun/index.html and "SOFTWARE STRATEGY
>> WEBCASTS" on http://www.oracle.com/events/productstrategy/index.html
>>
>> Shall we ask Oracle to correct them, "OpenOffice" to "OpenOffice.org,"
>> which is the name of our product and the name of our community?
>
> That would be great, unless Oracle plans to wrest the OpenOffice
> trademark from its current owner. The transition will need a bit of
> support from both sides.
>
> While adjustments are being made to the page,
> it can be pointed out that all the links on the product strategy page
> are quite broken and contain no URLs. I hope there is time to fix the
> URLs before the page goes live.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/events/productstrategy/
>
> /Lars

> For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

--
* Let's use OpenOffice.org and ODF(OpenDocument Format)! * :)
Katsuya Kobayashi
kynh at openoffice.org

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Kazunari Hirano on
Hi Peter,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Peter Junge <pj(a)openoffice.org> wrote:
> Jonathan Schwartz also did use OpenOffice without .org quite often in his
> Sun blog (http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/), so this seems to be an persisting
> issue from pre-Oracle times. ;-)
:)
You are right.

But he uses "OpenOffice.org" recently in his blogs :)
I am sure Oracle will correct "OpenOffice" -> "OpenOffice.org"

http://www.oracle.com/lang/jp/sun/index.html
I have found "OpenOffice" on this Japanese page too.

http://www.oracle.com/lang/jp/corporate/contact.html
So I send a message through
http://www.oracle.co.jp/inq_pl/INQUIRY/quest?rid=6 and ask Oracle to
correct them