From: Steve on
I am using Access 2007 on a Windows 7 machine.
I have an unbound form named frmChoose_Reports to select reports to print.
This form has two option groups named ReportSelctor and ReportType.
ReportSelector contains 11 option buttons to select the desired report and
ReportType contains 3 option buttons to select whether the report is
displayed in a datasheet, pivot chart or pivot table view. A Print button
activates a macro.

The macro has conditional statements that check the values of the option
groups to print the desired report in the proper format. The conditional
statement format is:

[Forms]![frmChoose_Reports]![ReportSelector]=1 And
[Forms]![frmChoose_Reports]![ReportType]=1

If the condition is satisfied, a query is executed. I have a conditional
check for each possible combination of values in the two option groups.

When an option is selected the macro begins and I get a “Type Mismatch” error.

Any suggestions?

From: tony on
On 18 May, 22:24, Steve <St...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am using Access 2007 on a Windows 7 machine.
> I have an unbound form named frmChoose_Reports to select reports to print..
> This form has two option groups named ReportSelctor and ReportType.
> ReportSelector contains 11 option buttons to select the desired report and
> ReportType contains 3 option buttons to select whether the report is
> displayed in a datasheet, pivot chart or pivot table view.  A Print button
> activates a macro.
>
> The macro has conditional statements that check the values of the option
> groups to print the desired report in the proper format.  The conditional
> statement format is:
>
> [Forms]![frmChoose_Reports]![ReportSelector]=1 And
> [Forms]![frmChoose_Reports]![ReportType]=1
>
> If the condition is satisfied, a query is executed.  I have a conditional
> check for each possible combination of values in the two option groups.
>
> When an option is selected the macro begins and I get a “Type Mismatch” error.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Steve,

Option buttons only return a value of 0 or -1 not 1 as per your test

I don't think your Type Mismatch error is anything to do with you
option button test, I think it's probably the query(s) that is being
run as a result and bet that it only errors when the options selected
are both 0.

Of course I may be wrong. Check you report queries to make sure that
you're not trying to enter a criteria where the field is a numeric and
the test is text or vice versa.
From: roger on
in a VB If then statement with 2 conditions you have to put the conditions in
parentheses

([Forms]![frmChoose_Reports]![ReportSelector]=1) And
([Forms]![frmChoose_Reports]![ReportType]=1)

try that
hth