From: David W. Fenton on
"(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in

> Per David W. Fenton:
>>Is it by chance a subform and not a main form?
>
> Worse than that.
>
> About twenty lines of code above the problem line Yours Truly had
> closed the form.
>
> Was planning on keeping my head down and my mouth shut.... but
> since you asked.... -)

Those error messages tend to tell the truth, it's just not always
clear what context in which they are reporting the truth.

Don't be embarrassed -- I call this one of those "is it plugged in?"
problems. You have to ask about the basics before you waste time on
higher-level explanations of the problem, and no matter what level
you're at, even an advanced Access guru like yourself, you can still
very easily make this kind of elementary mistake.

I make dozens of such stupid mistakes every day.

Don't tell anyone!

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on

> I spent a lot of years working with engineers in an electric
> utility. Make a mistake? Pour nine yards of concrete and then
> find out it's 3" too deep? Whew....!!!!

Surely 3" too deep is not as much of a problem as 3" too shallow...

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
First  |  Prev  |