From: Rocky O'Leary on
G'day,

I've got a number of PHP4 scripts that work just fine under PHP4 on a
Tru64 Unix server. Moving these over to PHP4 running on a Mac OS X server,
I find that the OCILogin function intermittently fails [1] with the
following error message:
Warning: ocilogon(): OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed. There is something wrong
with your system - please check that LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the
directory with Oracle Instant Client libraries in [php script name] on
line [line number]

Of course, I do make sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH *is* set as an enviroment
variable - in fact, right after I trap the above error, I get the program
to display what it has as the value for LD_LIBRARY_PATH and sure enough,
it has the directory that holds the Oracle Instant Client libraries.
*sigh*

[1] Sometimes it fails 90% of the time, sometimes it fails 10% of the
time - aggghhh!.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem ?

Configs are:
Mac OS X 10.4.7
PHP 4.4.2
Oracle Instant Client for OS X
PECL OCI8 libraries (version 1.2.2)
Oracle 8.1.7 and / or Oracle 10.1.3 (tested it against two different
databases, but got the same problem).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Rocky O'Leary

On Yahoo!7
Check back weekly for Trixi's new online adventures
http://www.trixi.com.au