From: Gordon Burgess-Parker on
On 20/04/2010 21:46, NoOp wrote:

> However, if you want the ODF plugin, here's the minimum:
>
> * Oracle ODF Plug-in for Microsoft Office (Application User; Perpetual)
> * $9,000.00
> * Quantity: 100.
> *
> First Year Support $1,980.00
>
> Total items: 1 $10,980.00
>
> So it's actually $11K because first year support seems to be required;
> you can't opt out of the support part on the order page.

That's a REALLY REALLY STUPID marketing decision. Seeing that the MS
Office 2007 SP2 "implementation" of ODF is broken, the only way of
ensuring that an ODF document opens correctly in MS Office 2007 is by
using the plugin.
Do they WANT to convert people from MS Office or what?

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: RA Brown on
Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

> That's a REALLY REALLY STUPID marketing decision. Seeing that the MS
> Office 2007 SP2 "implementation" of ODF is broken, the only way of
> ensuring that an ODF document opens correctly in MS Office 2007 is by
> using the plugin.
> Do they WANT to convert people from MS Office or what?

Gordon,

From a lot of what I have seen it looks like Oracle is trying to kill
OpenOffice.org, since M$ could not do it. :(

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org