From: The Other Mike on
Historically when I sent an sms from Orange to a BT landline it
displayed my mobile number on the caller display of the recipient as
well as repeating it during the voiced delivery of the specific sms.

Now it would appear that another number, possibly an 0845 number is
displayed.

Is anyone else aware of these changes and why the previous
implementation was altered?

Is it a BT decision or Orange or Ofcom or...?
From: The Other Mike on
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:39:16 +0100, The Other Mike
<rootpassword(a)somewhereorother.com> wrote:

>Historically when I sent an sms from Orange to a BT landline it
>displayed my mobile number on the caller display of the recipient as
>well as repeating it during the voiced delivery of the specific sms.
>
>Now it would appear that another number, possibly an 0845 number is
>displayed.
>
>Is anyone else aware of these changes and why the previous
>implementation was altered?
>
>Is it a BT decision or Orange or Ofcom or...?

Confirmed number is 0845 6021111

anyone?

From: DavidD on
On 2 June, 13:22, The Other Mike <rootpassw...(a)somewhereorother.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:39:16 +0100, The Other Mike
>
> <rootpassw...(a)somewhereorother.com> wrote:
> >Historically when I sent an sms from Orange to a BT landline it
> >displayed my mobile number on the caller display of the recipient as
> >well as repeating it during the voiced delivery of the specific sms.
>
> >Now it would appear that another number, possibly an 0845 number is
> >displayed.
>
> >Is anyone else aware of these changes and why the previous
> >implementation was altered?
>
> >Is it a BT decision or Orange or Ofcom or...?
>
> Confirmed number is 0845 6021111
>
> anyone?
>
> --

Isn't that the number to call to replay the message if you didn't
catch it properly?

It will be something that BT has set up.