From: JL on
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how the roaming is going to
work when launched later this year. (Any news on dates btw?)

By simply giving us access to both networks, calls would presumably
not handover from one network to the other, or is this possible?
From: Steve Terry on
"JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how the roaming is going to
> work when launched later this year. (Any news on dates btw?)
>
> By simply giving us access to both networks, calls would presumably
> not handover from one network to the other, or is this possible?

Any combination of roaming is possible.
I would guess as soon as possible they'll move all customers over
to one 3g network so they can sell off the other.

So expect a new 3g network soon.

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Scott on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 22:57:48 +0100, "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net>
wrote:

>"JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
>> Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how the roaming is going to
>> work when launched later this year. (Any news on dates btw?)
>>
>> By simply giving us access to both networks, calls would presumably
>> not handover from one network to the other, or is this possible?
>>
>Any combination of roaming is possible.
>I would guess as soon as possible they'll move all customers over
>to one 3g network so they can sell off the other.

Would they want to sell to a competitor?
From: Steve Terry on
"Scott" <spiced.porkandham(a)virgin.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 22:57:48 +0100, "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net>
> wrote:
>>"JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
>>> Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how the roaming is going to
>>> work when launched later this year. (Any news on dates btw?)
>>>
>>> By simply giving us access to both networks, calls would presumably
>>> not handover from one network to the other, or is this possible?
>>>
>>Any combination of roaming is possible.
>>I would guess as soon as possible they'll move all customers over
>>to one 3g network so they can sell off the other.
>>
> Would they want to sell to a competitor?

Why not? Apart from the both of them they are already competing
with three other 3g networks, and many virtuals.

Steve Terry

From: Jon on
In article <a7c62fef-d081-49c5-84cd-ff2fa54a3a23
@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, newsaccount(a)mail2web.com says...
> Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how the roaming is going to
> work when launched later this year. (Any news on dates btw?)
>
> By simply giving us access to both networks, calls would presumably
> not handover from one network to the other, or is this possible?

It will be national roaming, i.e. phone will hunt out the strongest
singal and use that. Calls will handover seamlessly.

It's currently being trialled amongst some head office staff and seems
to be going well. I'm not privvy to the details and even if I were I
would not post them here, but there are some minor technical hitches to
get around before it gets rolled out. Shouldn't be too long though,
hopefully.

--
Regards
Jon